Sunday, April 5, 2009

God is NOT a woman!

After reading “The Myth of the Vaginal Orgasm,” I have come to terms that our maker did not come with feminine parts. I believe Koedt was trying to disprove the vaginal orgasm and bring to light the woman’s role in sexual relationships. She referenced Freud when speaking of “frigid” women or women that could not achieve an orgasm during intercourse. I would like to say thank you Freud for comparing my vagina to an ice storm in Antarctica. A quote from the article that sticks in my mind is that ‘women are defined sexually by pleasing men.’ Women and men have been having sex for thousands of years and only recently has the importance of the female orgasm been appreciated. Sex is a partnership that should be important to both sexes. The article was written almost forty years ago and I do believe since then there has been a female sexual revolution.
This leads me to my own personal thesis statement: God is not a woman. The evidence has been staring women in the face for years. If the cold uncomfortable duck clamps at the gynecologist did not get the point across maybe it is the hundreds of dollars spent on tampons year after year or the joy of pushing a baby the size of a watermelon out of our vaginas. On top of all that we are faced with the reality that a vaginal orgasm may not exist. If that is not a “kick us when we’re down” moment, I do not know what is. When it comes to sex, men are like machines. You turn them on, they perform the task, and then you shut them off when you are done. Men are too easy because they know what they like. A woman does not exactly have to do circus tricks to turn him on. When it comes to women orgasms take time, they take concentrations, and sometimes they even take tequila. In that respect, I slightly agree with Freud when says frigid women need some sort of help in achieving an orgasm.
Whatever it is I feel roles have changed slightly in the past. Men have changed this idea of not only being confident because he has had sex with a woman but wanting assurance that he can get a woman to orgasm. I believe that since that article was written men have strived to be better lovers and women have become more sexually expressive. However, my theory definitely does not apply to all men and women!

1 comment: